Monday, July 16, 2012

Fake Charismatic Healing
By David J. Stewart

I would like to thank David Stewart for this excellent article.  I do not think he would mind publishing it on this blog.  I hope it teaches you readers truth and opens your eyes to see just how much the carnal false churches are deceiving you.

One of the biggest deceptions in modern times is fake healing. Literally, fake healing has become a billion-dollar-a-year industry. Benny Hinn alone rakes in close to $200,000,000 each year. Pat Robertson's THE 700 CLUB, Paul and Jan Crouch on TBN, James Robison's LIFE FOR TODAY, Mike Murdock, Peter Popoff, Don Stewart, Morris Cerullo, Kenneth Copeland, and a host of other TV preachers are all wolves in sheep's clothing! They all deceive the sick and misfortunate for FILTHY LUCRE!
So many people who have permanent disabilities, terminal illness, and incurable diseases are drawn into Charismatic fake healing services, many donating everything they have, thinking that God will heal them because a false preacher said so.
The Bible plainly exposes these imposters in 2nd Peter 2:3, “ And THROUGH COVETOUSNESS shall they with feigned words MAKE MERCHANDISE OF YOU: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.” “Through covetousness” means that TV preachers appeal to the audience's desire to obtain health, wealth, and prosperity; to exploit the listeners, teaching that “the way to get is to give.” Most people who donate money to these buzzards are expecting health, wealthy, and prosperity (or one of these things) in return for a donation. People are errantly taught that giving is faith and more faith (giving) brings greater rewards. In reality, TV preachers are filthy rich, while the people who support them are sick, broke and misfortunate.
Here is an excellent quote exposing FAKE HEALING from Dr. Max D. Younce's helpful book, I'M SO GLAD YOU ASKED!...
        
Is There Physical healing in the Atonement?
Isaiah 53:4
Question: In Isaiah 53:4 it says,
“surely he (Christ) hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.”
I was told that the word “griefs” in Hebrews means sickness and “sorrows” means disease. Also, I was told that the healing is in the atonement; so, after I am a Christian, I won't have any more sickness. Is this right?
Answer: So-called  “faith healers” thrive on this verse, deceiving many people. It is true “griefs” means sickness, and “sorrows” means diseases. This prophecy only concerns the Lord Jesus Christ and the physical healings He would do prior to the cross, as evidence He was the Jewish Messiah. All the healings Christ performed fulfilled this prophecy as evidenced by Matthew 8:16,17,
“They brought unto him (Christ) many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word and healed ALL that were sick: (16) That it might be FULFILLED which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bear our sicknesses.”
Now, in Isaiah 53:5 we have the healing that is in the atonement: His death on the cross and His Resurrection. This is spiritual healing, or salvation; not physical healing.
“But he (Christ) was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.”
Peter makes this perfectly clear in 1 Peter 2:24,
“Who his own self BARE OUR OWN SINS in his (Christ's) own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.”

The healing in the atonement is salvation; not physical healing.
        I have personally challenged many so-called “faith-healers” to go to the hospitals with me and heal all those little children that are sick. None have accepted, so far. Remember, they go to the doctor also when they get sick or need an operation!

SOURCE: Dr. Max D. Younce, I'M SO GLAD YOU ASKED!, Volume 2, pg. 225-226; ISBN-13-978-0-9815225-8-6; Morris Publishing.

What comforting truths! Matthew 8:16 plainly tells us that Isaiah 53:4 does not teach physical healing for everyone. The Bible plainly reveals that Isaiah 53:4 was only referring to the healing ministry of our Lord Jesus Christ... “That it might be FULFILLED which was spoken by Esaias the prophet.”
And again in 1st Peter 2:24 we learn that the phrase “with his stripes we are healed” in Isaiah 53:5 is referring to salvation; not physical healing... “Who his own self BARE OUR OWN SINS in his (Christ's) own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.”

I suffer in physical pain every day of my life, with agonizing toothache-like pain in my neck. Doctors have tried all the conventional methods to make the pain go away, but it is still there. My arms tingle all the time into the fingers, and at times I feel sharp pain radiating down my arms and legs. My neck is constantly tight from contracting muscles, because something is wrong in my neck. It may be the bones spurs. I am hoping to undergo a 3rd surgery later this year in 2011, this time endoscopic surgery, Lord willing. Despite 100 mg. of Oxycontin daily, my pain is still constant and debilitating at times. It is my “thorn in the flesh” and may be God's will to remain. If so, I accept it in the Lord. I love Him either way.
While on an airplane going to get my 2nd surgery, I sat next to (of all people) a Charismatic assistant Pastor from Colorado (he was about 60 years old). He said his pastor is a Korean woman, and they have a healing center there. The man said his pastor receives visions from Jesus, who told her to become a pastor, and predicted that North Korea would attack the U.S. soon. After chatting for a short time, he said that if I had enough faith I wouldn't need surgery. I felt sad when he said that, being in physical pain at the time. I told him he was wrong, and that healing was not promised in the Bible. God gave us doctors and surgeons to help us.
He claimed that he had witnessed the blind see, and the deaf hear, and the lame walk at some remote location in Mexico. I asked if he had video-taped any of it, and he said no. (I'd like to see just for once, a video of what these imposters arrogantly claim to have witnessed. There are no such videos!) The man became frustrated after he realized that I knew my Bible and wasn't buying into what he was dishing out. Talk is cheap and I'm not buying any.
John 15:24 plainly states that Jesus had “done among them the works which NONE OTHER MAN DID.” Only the Lord (and the Apostles for a short time with the power that the Lord gave them) were able to make the blind to see, the deaf to hear, and the lame to walk. Only during the life and ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ and shortly thereafter were amputees healed, that the unbelieving might believe. That's exactly what Jesus said in John 14:11, “Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else BELIEVE ME FOR THE VERY WORKS' SAKE.”
Once the Word of God was completed with the book of Revelation, the sign gifts, wonders, and miracles ceased. In fact, the Apostolic miracles, such as healing, ended about 38 years before the completion of the Bible (Acts 28:1-9 being the last recorded miracle). Certainly, God still heals today, but James 5:15 plainly states that “THE LORD shall raise him up.” God does not heal at the hand of TV preachers or faith-healers; but rather, in response to one's prayer of faith (IF it is His will to do so).
Anyone who claims that PHYSICAL healing was purchased on the cross, and that by faith people are guaranteed PHYSICAL healing, are full of bologna!!! The healing which Christ purchased for us on the cross is SALVATION!!!
The Gifts of the Spirit (by Pastor Jack Hyles)
Jeremiah 30:17, “For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD...”

            



No comments:

Post a Comment